Would you like to learn about edible wild plants and fungi?
Peter Sibley, ecologist & Clifford Davy, mycologist
for a full-day course, or an afternoon foray, in recognising, collecting, preparing, preserving and cooking edible wild plants and mushrooms.
The full-day mushroom picking course will consist of a morning identification session, covering the principal edible plants and fungi, (notes provided), followed by a substantial lunch featuring some of these. The morning session will also cover hazards to be avoided when collecting. The afternoon session will be a walk during which edible wild plants and fungi will be collected, varying according to the season.
Participants will take home what they have collected, together with recipes and a wild food guide book.
- Numbers are limited to 14, for safety reasons.
- The course is not suitable for children.
- Participants should bring collecting bags, warm, water-proof clothing and suitable footwear.
- One Day Courses are £95 per person - Suitable for beginners and those with some knowledge of foraging
- Afternoon Forays are £20 per person - These sessions are intended for experienced foragers only
- A discount will be given for group bookings.